1. BOOK WITH MONARCH MOVERS!!! YOUR MOVE WILL BE PROFESSIONALLY DONE AND FAIRLY PRICED!!!!
2. Call the utility companies as soon as you know you’re moving.
3. Select a Licensed moving company and discuss your move in full detail with them. Ask for someone to come and take a look so both parties will be prepared
4. Give away or throw away items you no longer use or need
5. Call the utility companies and also contact the Post Office
6. Pack your boxes and label them by room
7. Arrange for a cleaning company to do a post move clean up of the property
8. Stage packed boxes in the garage or on the first floor near the entrance. This helps cut down on the move time.
9. On the move day secure all valuables!!! Cash, checks, credit cards, jewelry, should be locked away in a safe place. When hiring a moving company you are putting your life belongings in strangers hands so protect yourself.
10. Inquire about moving insurance from your homeowners policy or with the moving company. If something is damaged the moving company is by law only liable for .60 cents per pound.